Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Long and Winding Road

We’re home now, and I can say that I packed *way too much stuff* to work on during the trip. We had a wonderful time beachcombing, sightseeing in Southwest Washington State and along the Oregon Coast, visiting wineries, lighthouses, restaurants & Woodland Woolworks (you’ve just gotta go there). We spend a lot of time in our truck getting to all these interesting places, and riding in a truck is not a great place to knit, especially if the road is like washboard or has as many turns as the Oregon Coast does. Fairisle and lace knitting were out of the question. I even managed to mess up the garter stitch vest I was working on.

So what I will post today are a few photos that I took along the way, for your viewing pleasure. And in between laundry loads, I will put away the two pounds of roving, spinning wheel, and four knitting projects that I had packed to work on.

We did some beachcombing in Birch Bay, Washington


Visited lighthouses in Washington - the lens is particularly amazing. I believe this lens was part of the North Head lighthouse at Cape Disappointment


Astoria bridge, which crosses the Columbia River dividing Washington from Oregon State


Pacific Ocean along the Oregon Coast

1 Comments:

Blogger LavenderSheep said...

Beautiful pictures. I just love being out here in the Northwest.

Woodland Woolworks is Mecca for fiber people. I have to visit at least 5 or 6 times a year.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home