Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pardon Me While I Go Bang My Head For Awhile

I have this sinking feeling that the sweater I'm knitting for Robin (Olympic Knitting project) is turning out too big. Maybe it's because when I slipped it on this morning to check the sleeve length, it nearly fit *me*. If it fits *me*, she's likely to fall through & hang herself.

She's had it on before, but that was before I added button bands, which increased the sweater's width. And of course, it's hard to tell, what with edges curling, etc. how things will block out. . . then there's shrinkage. This brand of wool has shrunk on me before.

I've started knitting the first sleeve. This is a top-down raglan. If I catch it now, I'll only need to rip out & reknit, say 6" of one sleeve, about 18" of body, and . . . good grief. But in the greater scheme of things, I'd rather that Robin have a sweater that actually fits *her*. I hope she can scoot over for a minute to try it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home