Friday, February 24, 2006

Janice & the Giant Moebius


I guess I'm not the only one who got *just a bit* carried away with size on my knitting project. Janice's Knitting Olympics project was a moebius scarf, using some gorgeous handspun, hand-dyed Corriedale. As you can see from the photo, the moebius is very forgiving, and looks just fine if wound around enough times. She finished her project several days ago.






Goodness, gracious, great balls of fiber. . .


I, on the other hand, discovered that Robin's sweater was waaaaay too big. It's amazing how much more you can tell after getting button bands on. . . no more curling of the edges, everything lies flat & reveals its true size. Big. The sweater went to live in the freezer overnight (did you know that it's easier to frog a frozen sweater?) and yesterday I frogged. I had very carefully spit grafted all of the yarn together as I began each new ball. So what I have now, after frogging, is a ball of yarn approximately bowling ball-size. I've picked up at the yoke & am knitting down again. (The hood was perfect.)

Even at three stitches/inch, I don't think I'll make it. In the overall scheme of things, I decided it was more important for Robin to have a sweater that *actually fit her* than for me to complete the task by the end of the Olympics. Knitting on. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home