Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Apprehensive Wannabe

Okay, guys, it’s getting down to the wire here. My sheep are ready to come home, the fence line is mowed & the electric fence is working. The sheep’s feed is here, as are mineral supplements, feeding troughs and bedding for the stall. I’ve gone through the pasture to check for toxic plants, and it should be okay now. So I think we’re pretty much ready to go.

Maybe it’s just my nature to think that I need to read *every* book and consult *every* resource before jumping in, but I’ve gotten assurances that the sheep probably won’t notice my inexperience (that is, if I don’t feed them the wrong feed, they get bloat and die, or if they don’t get attacked by particularly devious & clever coyotes who figure out a way to penetrate the perimeter).


As soon as Doug returns from his fishing trip, and as soon as we get past a gathering here on Tuesday, I’m ready. In the meantime, I’m still pulling weeds, trying to bring some order to the chaos that is my garden.



My Granddaughter came to stay with me for awhile last week. She will be celebrating her 12th birthday next week. With her, as you can see, she brought her well-loved quilt, which I made for her just after she was born. She's a sweetie. But she's not much into weeding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rascal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Sprry, wrong blogger account! Can't wait to hear about your sheep and adventures.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait for the woolly people to arrive, Yvonne. Ira is ready to pet and feed them grass from the other side of the fence. (It's greener there, you know.)

Mandi sure is looking grown up! What a cutie.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home