Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Our New Home


We’ve been here for two weeks today now. We absolutely love it here. Although much of the house is in order, I still have many boxes left to unpack so I haven’t had much time for fibery endeavors. (Note, I said “much”. I’d probably go into withdrawal if I didn’t have *something* to work on. Right now it’s socks.)


We have our work cut out for us, with an exuberant garden in which it appears that anything will grow. I’m very much trying to resist the temptation to go out & buy a lot of plants at this point. Just want to keep at pulling out the things I don’t want first, and then I’ll see what kind of space I have left. You have *no idea* how difficult this is for me to do. Yesterday, I stopped by Bakerview Nursery in Bellingham, which has an enticing array of pond/water plants. And Doug & I have decided that we will plant a yellow magnolia in memory of our departed pooch, “Magnolia Joy” (Maggie). If I had been able to fit one of those gorgeous magnolias in my VW Beetle yesterday, it’d be here now.

We have three acres of fenced pasture with no furry people out there to mow. Yet. We need to check on the suitability of the electric fence we have, and clear the brush underneath so that the current will flow. I also think we’ll do some dividing of the space to make it possible to rotate pastures. I’m hoping for a few CVM/Romeldale sheep, some alpacas, and maybe a few chickens. But I’m open to suggestions. Friends have recommended Blue Face Leicester & Shetland. . . :-)

Angus has recovered from his laundry mishap. He is now free of bandages & cone, and has dutifully tidied up his paws.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Hi Yvonne. I'm glad the move went well and that Angus is on the mend. THe pictures look really pretty. I like the purple door and the soft green. Have fun with all the planning. What color is your beetle?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Oh, I love your house! Lucky you to have a front porch like that. And 3 acres! So what's it gonna be, Shetlands?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Tina T-P said...

Hi Yvonne - Your new place looks gorgeous and what a view!

Altho we don't have anyone for sale right now, I really recommend sitting down with a flock of each of the type that you are interested in - you are very welcome to come visit our little flock and look a few sheep in the eye - just let me know :-)

You know what? I think we're going to have to entice Leigh to come out and give us a visit - she could see your new house and take back pictures of our sheepies to Rascal & CatZee LOL. T.

T.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home