Sunday, November 26, 2006

Snowy Day



We awoke to snow in Bellingham this morning. There were a couple of inches on the ground when we got up, and by evening we were up to 13+ inches. I'm so glad our family gathering for Thanksgiving concluded last night & that everybody got home safe & sound, before the storm started. We had a wonderful time together.

Today was a perfect day to stay home & be cozy. I pulled out some knitting, and Angus was determined to help. I worked on Doug's socks (hand-dyed sock yarn from Knitpicks) and brushed up on my crochet techniques to make a little hat for warmupamerica.org. Our LYS, Northwest Handspun Yarns in Bellingham, will be sending a batch of hats off next month.

We are warm & safe, and have plenty of turkey leftovers to nibble. We have electricity, phone & internet this time so are quite comfortable.

6 Comments:

Blogger LavenderSheep said...

Wow 13+ inches! We have managed around 6" and that seems like plenty. Though we are suppose to get more today.

9:16 AM  
Blogger LavenderSheep said...

Actually the garterlac washcloth on Criminy Jickets blog is a little easier to start with than mine. The little side triangles are a lot closer to regular entrelac. My pattern is the same just without the side triangles.

It keeps trying to snow here today. We are suppose to get 1-3" more.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Tina T-P said...

Hi - we ended up with about 12-18 inches out here by the airport - The sheep are none to happy about it. But, as my sister said, "you know, they are probably warmer than you think, they ARE wearing wool" LOL

Your cats look like they are enjoying some cozy, stay at home time too. I downloaded the pattern for the hats that Nancy sent out - I'm not a knitter, but I can crochet - so I thought I'd dig out some baby yarn & try my hand at it.

Take care! T.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Yvonne,
Those kittens have Grown!! They sure look contented. Love the place mat on the previous post! You are doing a great Job!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't have any snow here, it is cold out though. It's 19 degrees out and windy.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Hi Yvonne! Thank you so much for visiting my blog. It's been a long time since I "made the rounds" and I have been really enjoying your photos. Your work is lovely, as well as your cats, and I love the project details. I think the rug warp made very nice place mats. I might give this a try some time (something to add to my very long list of someday projects *g*)

I've added you to my bloglines subscriptions so I can some back often!

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home