Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Couple of FO's


I finished knitting a pair of socks this morning. I started these on our anniversary trip in September. Wish I could remember the brand of yarn, but it has escaped me. It's a superwash wool/nylon self-striping yarn & I love the colors.

I've also been working on some new placemats, with the assistance of the furries at our house. This is the first placemat, which I cut off the loom, hemmed and ran through the washer to check for shrinkage. For those of you who weave, they're 8/4 100% cotton carpet warp set at 20 ends per inch, 19" wide in the reed, with fabric strips for weft, cut at 1 1/2" & ironed in half. I wove the placemats 18 1/2" not including selvages, & thought with shrinkage they'd end up at 14", but they're a bit larger than that. For the remaining warp, I'll be weaving them about 1 1/2" shorter.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice placemats! Very cheery!

6:52 PM  
Blogger LavenderSheep said...

Your kitties are so cute! You should submit them to Cute Overload.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Tina T-P said...

Your socks are gorgeous and what pretty placemats those will be.

I can't believe how big those kittens have grown in such a short time - they have a good mommy :-) T.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks! What neat colors. :-)
The placemat is very nice. And I love that the cats are "helping" you.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home