Monday, November 13, 2006

Warping Back to Front with a Raddle, and Furries


Well, folks, it's been a long time again. Sorry 'bout that. I took the most wonderful weaving workshop taught by Jane Stafford, from Salt Spring Island. This is my third workshop with her, and I have to say that she is the most wonderful weaving teacher a person could want. It was my turn to show up with warping errors on my loom. It's been hectic around here, to say the least, and if I had *bothered* to try to weave a few shots, well, I'd have fixed the errors myself. But no. . . didn't get around to it. Jane, I do think, is a magician. She seems to be able to sort out any and all weaving mishaps in no time, and then we all learn better ways of addressing them. So at least I can say that I provided the group with a valuable learning experience.

At home, I decided that I need to weave new placemats. I'm working with 8/4 cotton rug warp which I haven't used since my very beginning class. I don't remember it stretching this much. I'm warping back-to-front, and although the back of the loom, where I'm winding the warp on, looks pretty much orderly, the front, where I'm sorting out tangles, looks like the loom threw up spaghetti. Again, I'm using Jane's techniques to sort out the mess & I'm nearly ready to thread heddles now. We were up til nearly 2 a.m. working on it. (My clock in the loft must be set for a different time zone. . .I had no idea it was getting so late.)

My other little project as of late has been sorting the fiber stash. Which prompted me to heave most of the white Border Leicester lamb & yearling fiber into the dyepot. I plan to take much of it to Ferndale Fibers for carding. Kathy Green does a wonderful job of carding and I hope that the colors will blend together to make a happy roving. (Angus was helping. Getting big, isn't he?)


Our Miss Moof is still with us, enjoying the fall. She has a heart condition, and we don't know how long she'll have left, but we're happy she's still here, happy and comfortable.

2 Comments:

Blogger LavenderSheep said...

Such a cute Schnauzer puppy. My parent's have a schnauzer too. So sorry to hear about the heart condition.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture of your dog!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home