Monday, September 04, 2006

Stephanie Rocks the House




The day we have been waiting for finally arrived. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, the Yarn Harlot came to Seattle and made an appearance at Third Place Books, shared about an hour of side-splitting kntting humor and then signed autographs for another two+hours. Thank you so much, Stephanie, for coming all the way from Toronto. You really bring joy & laughter through your observations and experiences. (Some of the muggles along the sidelines in the bookstore thought she was a stand-up comedian.)

If any of you are wondering, she finished Icarus (the shawl) and it was lovely - next on my knitting project list after I complete the other 6, 7, 9, 14. . . projects that I have in the works right now. There were two car loads of (Belling)hamsters that came down from Northwest Handspun Yarns together. Party #1 (known as the Party Bus) left early enough to make a stop by the Pike Place Market where, I hear, there is an Irish Pub. Let's just say that the Party Bus people were pretty happy by the time they got to the bookstore. They also made a visit to Weaving Works in Seattle, an awesome place for people of all fiber persuasions, whether spinner, weaver, knitter, straight or circular (Stephanie's joke). I went with The Old Girls. We, of course, being much more *ahem* sedate, visited a yarn & tea shop, had lunch, sipped tea, ate cookies & knitted up a storm. Village Yarn & Tea was kind enough to have a sale on yesterday and there was a steady string of cars going into and out of the parking lot much of the afternoon.

I managed to make it to the last chart on the Lotus Blossom shawl. I do love this pattern. All of the Fiddlesticks patterns I've done so far (three of them) are well-written and accurate, with graphs that are *easy to read*. On top of that, the designs are beautiful. Lotus Blossom is the easiest, so far, but somehow I managed to mess up yesterday, with all the noise and enthusiasm, so tinked back 1/2 row & re-knitted. I'm back on track now. I'll post a photo later, hopefully of the completed shawl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

I can't believe this! By the looks of the picture you were only sitting about 2 or 3 rows in front of us!!! We really should have coordinated things. I would have loved to have seen you and said hello. Rats! We told Stephanie that the next time she should require that all bloggers wear name tags so we can identify our favorite bloggers. I need to get up to Marilyn's - I have a full rewards card. I'll keep you posted and maybe we can get together then.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a good idea, Dorothy!
I wish Village Y&T had been open Sunday night - I hardly ever get over to that part of town (especially w/o kids!) I stopped by there after meeting the Harlot, and was bummed out to find it closed. Oh well, next time!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home