Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Oh sure, he looks innocent enough. . .


This is my grandkitty, Nuzzles. Nuzzles & Brian & Robin have moved in with us for awhile until the non-furry members of this triad have jobs lined up, and they can determine where they will need to live. As I mentioned before, both Brian & Robin just graduated from University so they are in a transitional phase right now.

We have been a one-dog home for quite awhile now, but Miss Pooch seems unfazed by the presence of her new companion. Nuzzles, being a young cat, feels it imperative to pounce & prod, then run away at the speed of light while the pooch just goes "hmmmph" & turns away. Most disconcerting for Nuzzles, who, I think, is hoping for more in the way of reaction. The pooch, however, has seen many of these cat beings before, and is unimpressed by such antics.

Nuzzles has all manner of interesting things to play with at this house. We are not kitty-proof here, as there is yarn and/or fleece *everywhere* in open baskets and tote bags (which are extraordinarily fun to explore). And my, oh my, the Turkish drop spindle has become a favorite cat toy, especially when spinning a long thread to which somebody is connected.

I am in process of reorganizing now, hoping to develop a Yarn Containment System. You should all go out and buy stock in Rubbermaid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rascal said...

Hi Nuzzles. You are very handsome. It is nice to meet another cat who has a fiber family. Glad to hear you are keeping your humans on their toes. Come visit my blog!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Hi, I found your blog listed on the Spinning Wheel webring list and thought I'd pop over to say hello. The title for your blog is very intriguing, I couldn't resist clicking on it! Lovely photos too.

Please don't mind Rascal. He's my cat but he really has gotten the big head with this blogging thing.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home