Monday, July 10, 2006

Introducing Angus the Gray & Annabelle


Well, folks, it was just a matter of time. In a flurry of activity to bring order to chaos, begun in an effort to prevent feline disruption of the yarn & fiber stash, I started reorganizing. Not that I'm finished yet. It's coming along. But at the Highland Games in Mount Vernon (lovely day, lots of guys in kilts), my Spindrifters group did a fleece-to-shawl demo. I was there carding wool & later weaving on a tri-loom. Before I started the fibery pursuits, I wandered by the S.P.O.T. (Saving Pets One at a Time) booth, where there were at least 20 kitties up for adoption. My heart melted. I love kitties (dogs, bunnies, sheep, alpacas. . .) We had up to five at a time when the kids were growing up. We have been kitty-less for about five years now. Heartbreaking when I lost the last ones. Getting back to the beginning of this very long paragraph, which was about our somewhat more-than-usual organized state, it seemed that perhaps this might be a good time to re-introduce kitties into our family, not just the Grand-Kitty Nuzzles who has been with us for a couple of weeks. So home came Angus the Gray, and Annabelle.

I know everybody can brag about their pets, and I am no exception. Angus has a particularly charming face, and, being a very fluffy long haired fellow, will need some grooming. As in brushing to remove undercoat, which would be a fun addition to my spinning stash. (I've spun Granddog before, but not kitty yet.) Annabelle is not as long-coated, but she is his sibling and she is also a charmer. Both have turned out to be purring motors with fur. Now if we can just get them to sleep through the night. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home