Wednesday, March 21, 2007

We Interrupt the Regular Scheduled Program. . .


I've been dutifully knitting on the Tina shawl border for awhile now, enough time that It Became Necessary To Take A Break. Coincidentally, the Mountain Colors Moguls yarn that I ordered awhile back arrived at the LYS. So. . . Instant Moebius! The pattern is out of Cat Bordhi's first moebius book. The moguls works up so quickly (it's been awhile since I wrestled with yarn this thick) that the entire thing was knitted & blocked within two days. I like the way that it keeps my shoulders warm, almost like a shawl, only without tails hanging down. If I were to make this pattern again, I might use a few less stitches - it's pretty generously sized.

On the weaving front, my 8 shaft class with Sondra Rose is progressing well enough. . . would be better had my notes not disappeared at the color workshop recently, which made it necessary to redo the entire first week's notes. I know where the notes are now & I should be able to get my hands on them. Anyway, getting back to the 8 shaft class, this week the assignment was to take two four shaft drafts & combine them into a new threading which would enable the weaver to weave two different designs on the same warp, without changing threading or tie-ups. Here are a monk's belt pattern known as "Swedish Point" together with Bumperet, a structure we used in the color workshop. Bumperet is basically plain weave alternating with three-thread floats, and the design forms vertical chains along the fabric.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

I love the colors in your knitting. What a great yarn for a mobeus. And I envy your 8 shaft class! Lucky you!

7:21 PM  
Blogger LavenderSheep said...

It was great to meet you also. That moebius is really awesome. Did you guys actually drive back all the way to Bellingham after you left us?

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home