Sunday, March 11, 2007

Weaving Workshop - Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!


Well guys, I'm heading to a weaving workshop tomorrow, with Ruby Charuby. It's supposed to be about Fifty Ways to Weave your Color. Hmmm. The warp I received is gorgeous - 8/2 tencel, which I've never worked with before. It's beautiful - silky and glowing with color. A bit of a challenge to work with, though. Knots slipped, which I hope I fixed with Fray Check, so my threading had better be correct!

Here is a photo of the slippery warp, and then, ta daaaa! a few shots of the pattern woven. This is gonna be fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger LavenderSheep said...

That piece is absolutely gorgeous. I really love tencel. It is so beautiful even if it is tangly, kinda like silk.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Oh! This is absolutely lovely! I've not woven with tencel yet, though it's on my list.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Yvonne, Angora rabbits can be kept out of doors or in. They are very warm natured and really wilt in the summer heat, so air conditioning for them can be a blessing if not a life saver. They make wonderful pets and can be litter box trained, although there will still probably be quite a few "bunny bombs" left around the place. If kept indoors one has to not mind the shedding and fluff floating all over the place and sticking to everything. They are also habitiual chewers and so wherever they are allowed out to roam freely has to be bunny proofed.

Outside, they have to be protected from preditors who might chew through or otherwise tear apart their hutches. In Mine were happy outside, as I had really large hutches for them. In the heat of summer each bunny got a "cooler" of a frozen, water filled 2 liter drink bottle.

If you like rabbits, Angoras are a wonderful choice for a spinner!

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home