Friday, February 16, 2007

Winter Knitting & Weaving


I have a cold. Bummed. It hit me like a ton of bricks a couple of days when I was out shopping - enough to send me straight to the pharmacy to ask what was recommended these days. I'm taking Mucinex, drinking lots of fluids & sucking on Vitamin C lozenges by the bagful. Thank God for naproxen. I've been pretty tired but since I'm stuck at home, I've had some quality knitting time. I thought I'd post a photo of the Tina shawl border. One of my friends, who just finished this shawl (our LYS had a KAL) said by the end of the border she was able to complete the 16-row repeat in 15 minutes. I've worked down from 40 minutes (first two repeats) to 26 minutes. I think there are close to 100 repeats to get all the way around the shawl . . . so that'll be . . . I don't wanna know.

And I finally got the warp threaded for shadow weave dish towels. Thought I'd better get these woven because the loom needs to be empty for my upcoming 8-shaft class which starts March 1. I see I have another error and/or broken thread & will sort that out tomorrow. Off to a hot bath.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I hope you are feeling better now. The shawl and the shadow weave dish towel both look very nice.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick, but the shawl is gorgeous. And yay for handwoven dishtowels!! The shadow weave is a great idea, I love it.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home