Friday, November 04, 2005

Nicole's hat & mittens




While we were on our trip to Canada, I did a little spinning on my new Little Gem (Majacraft) wheel. It's very portable & surprisingly versatile. I had been working on some laceweight yarn using mystery batts, which I'd planned to knit into a Shetland-style shawl for myself. I had three bags of this stuff, and discovered, when I opened the second bag, that although the colors coordinated, the fiber itself was quite different - extraordinarily soft & fluffy. I immediately thought of my little niece & her upcoming birthday. So, here we have photos of the totally scrumptious mystery batt, from http://www.fantasyfibers.com along with the bobbins of singles, the three-ply yarn, and the hat & mittens. And yes, I still have plenty of fiber for the shawl. :-)

I have to add that I have a new passion for making mittens. Since I finished Nicole's, I got out some Romney/pooch two ply that was living in my yarn stash & made myself a pair of fingerless mitts. So easy. So quick! And just in time for the change in weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home