Friday, September 30, 2005

Resolutions Schmesolutions



In my attempt to bring about a reduction in the amount of chaos that surrounds my knitting projects, long ago I decided that it would be a really good idea to finish two projects before casting on another. Brilliant. However, last week, I threw caution to the wind, and cast on not just one but two new things - first, a sweater that I'd been drooling over in the Vogue Knitting magazine Fall 2005 issue, and second, a small, practice lace scarf using the Estonian Garden pattern. So I seem to be going the opposite direction, having just finished one project (Viennese shrug) before jumping into two more. . .

The Vogue sweater is made of handspun. The pattern calls for Woolease Chunky, and of course, the sweater would have happened much more quickly had I gone out & purchased that, but none of the shops in the area had sufficient amounts of any one color to make the entire sweater. A large bag of Romney roving from Ferndale Fibers literally hurled itself out of my fiber stash (yes, it is piled rather high), and fortunately, since I am making chunky yarn, it's spinning up very quickly. It's three ply & the color is close to milk chocolate. Yummmmmm.

I do have to say that this issue of Vogue Knitting has many wonderful designs, including some luscious lace projects. Unfortunately, the editors saw it more fitting to include numerous glamour shots of pouty, bulemic models rather than *charts* for the lace projects. I've considered subscribing to this magazine . . . not so sure right now.

The other photo today is of my pooch. We'll be celebrating her 11th birthday in a few days. She's a spry old girl & the sweetest "schnoozer" that I've ever met.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Cent said...

That yarn looks scrumptious! Can't wait to see the finished pictures of that sweater.

I couldn't leave with commenting on your dog. She looks so dignified and regal. You can tell she's a well loved pooch. :-)

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home