Monday, September 05, 2005

Evergreen State Fair Spin-in





Meet Martha - She's a very sweet angora goat that I met at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe, Washington yesterday. I was at the fair, along with 69 other Northwest Regional Spinners Association folks to demonstrate spinning, and of course I needed to visit the fibery beasties while I was there. Martha was in a pen with another equally lovely sweetie, and I casually asked the family who just happened to be there if they ever sold their fiber. . . Well, as they say, the rest is history. They were most willing to give her an immediate haircut (a relief to her, they assured me) as she was not being shown any more this season. . . so I came home with a generous amount of raw yearling mohair. Such a treasure! I can hardly wait to wash it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home