Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Beautiful British Columbia




I think the nicest people must live in Canada. Without exception, everybody we encountered there during our recent anniversary getaway was pleasant, helpful & courteous. We started out in Sidney, B.C. near Victoria, on Vancouver Island. We stayed at Miraloma, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We spent one day at Butchart Garden, and found the fall color to be at its peak. Oh My Gosh. Gorgeous.

After a couple of days, we took the ferry to Salt Spring Island. I had long wanted to visit their Saturday Market, known for its many local artists. We took a chance, postponing a visit until this late in the season, but still found plenty to see. I hope we can get back there next year, and earlier.

There was plenty of knitting time on this trip, and I'll post my nearly-complete Vogue Knitting sweater, as soon as it *is* completed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home