Friday, May 13, 2005

San Francisco Adventures

Hubby & I just returned from San Francisco CA, where he attended a conference for several days. Left to my own devices during the daytime (Mwahahahaha), I had way too much fun visiting one of my favorite fabric stores, Britex (Mecca for sewing enthusiasts). On the fourth floor, I found an enticing selection of silk remnants and went back to the hotel with several pieces. I also found Artfibers, a small knitting shop located on the second floor of a building near Union Square. Their yarns are mill spun & dyed to their specifications, & absolutely gorgeous doesn't begin to describe them. This shop has a "yarn tasting room" - comfortable space in which to pull up a chair, get out some needles, and sample their yarns before buying. They were very welcoming & I would love to have just moved in. . . thank goodness they're online, too (artfibers.com if you're a fellow yarn junkie). NAYY just in case you were wondering.

At the conference, Hubby ran into some old colleagues, and we had a wonderful time re-connecting with people from his residency (can you believe) 20 years ago. Great fun was had at the first night's reception, where Hubby & his friend chatted like little school girls, & I watched little kids, adults & a few rhythmically challenged folks dance to a seriously great band (The Fundamentals). Even the waiters were surreptitiously boogying down as they came from the kitchen to replenish the buffet. As for the formal dinner/dance a couple of nights later. . . well, I'll just say the band was not the best choice, if you can imagine the group just mentioned dancing to rap & ODB. . . but the food was great.

San Francisco is a great place to eat. I can heartily recommend the Waterfront Restaurant, Le Colonial (Vietnamese), & The Boulevard (pricey but great food).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home